Monday 17 November 2014

Big Apple Dreamin', Cheap Shots in NYC

In September, I spent a week in NYC to mark my 32nd year on Planet Earth. This trip was subconsciously triggered by a desire to randomly stalk meet Jon Bon Jovi and be asked to give love a bad name, snorting lots of bad medicine and laying on a bed of roses.

I kept the faith, but it did not happen.

Instead, I had to come home to London and resign in a blaze of glory from my office job. I blamed it on the love for rock'n roll, and I am now waiting to start my new role, reminiscing about the awesome street art littering NYC. These are my shots, taken when I was wild in the streets.

Dave Mustaine and Axl Rose Hugging. Aw. Maybe their hair routine bonded them toghether?

This was taken in Brooklyn (duh), which was one of my favourite places to chill.

Keep the Faith Dude.

The Future is expensive in NYC.

I nearly decided to pose in the middle of the wings, but they ended up looking more like chicken wings.

 Psychedelic Audrey Hepburn remains the chicest chick.

This was taken in a dive bar. I dived an swam in the finest amber nectar.

I am not normally a fan of street art, but in NYC it works. Always.

siggyblack

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy graffiti, because anything's better to look at than a blank wall. Plus I like the fact that it's illegal. Somehow art and crime go together in my mind. I grew up in Brooklyn by the way, spent my boyhood there, until I finally escaped. Love was not the way in those days, but it's nice to imagine things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your observation about Art & Crime. I have to say that back in the 90s when I first heard about Brooklyn as a teen, it was all scary talk and did have a somehow bad reputation. But it felt amazingly chilled and relaxed (I mean lets be honest I did go to the "tourist friendly" areas)...
    Saying that one of my ex-colleague has been living there for 10 years now and he loves it.
    The street art definitely blew my mind... Hope you left one of your aphorisms on a wall ;-)

    ReplyDelete